About Kamloops United Church (KUC)
KUC is an affirming congregation of the United Church of Canada. (May of 2016 we celebraated the 20th anniversary of KUC becoming an affirming congregation.)
We are a downtown church, (directions) in the heart of Kamloops, where we have a 100 year history of Christian community and service on the corner of 4th and St. Paul.
KUC Reconstruction and Development Much has been “made new” on the corner of 4th and St. Paul.
Phase I entailed the construction of a new kitchen and hall, adjacent to the existing sanctuary, a new entrance and completely renovated basement for meeting rooms and the Preschool. Phase II is now completed with new church offices, KUC Thrift Shop and 56-unit of quality housing above these spaces. To see photos of our Redevelopment visit our Photo page.
Office The church office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 3:00 (closed on Statutory holidays). The Administrative Manager, Florence, can be reached at Admin@kamloopsunited.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org and 250-372-3020.
Weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., volunteer “Welcomers” at the “Welcome Desk” greet and assist those who come into the building.
At Kamloops United Church:
- we welcome you as you are!
- we embrace all who seek to live faithfully, regardless of sexual orientation, age, gender, racial or ethnic background, differing abilities, economic or cultural background
- the church and its buildings serve many groups and individuals, including the marginalized people of downtown Kamloops
- there’s lots of music!
- we provide a safe place to pursue your spiritual quest
- we take the Bible seriously but not necessarily literally
- we embrace diversity of people and ideas, and respect other faith traditions
we offer multiple opportunities for growth in the spirit of Christ.
All are welcome.
KUC Mission Statement
We covenant to be Christian disciples –Loving God, Following Jesus, Serving with Spirit