In the past, Kamloops United Church had two general meetings, one in February for the financials and another later in the spring. This year the KUC Management Team and Council Circle have decided that there will be one ANNUAL MEETING that will include both the financials and the Annual Report on February 27, 2022, after worship.
This meeting will be both in-person and on Zoom! Click on the link to join the meeting on Zoom: Kamloops United Zoom Meeting
The KUC financial documents are available in the eNews or by contacting the church office at email@example.com or 250-372-3020.
1. Link to the ONLINE VERSION of the Annual Report 2021-2022
2. Link to the PRINTABLE VERSION of the Annual Report 2021-2022
3. The KUC Office has copies of the report available for anyone who wants to pick up a copy!
“Council Circle Connections” by chair Marcia Julian:
A new year has arrived! With it comes longer days and the promise of Spring. I have noticed flocks of Cedar Waxwing birds waving through the air in their magical and mystical synchronized dance. Always a good sign! Along with longer days, there is hope as well for a change in the pandemic and the continued returning to the freedoms of pre 2020.
Council Circle continues to meet every third Tuesday of the month via Zoom, and January was no exception. We also had an additional meeting in January to work with Jacob Black-Lock in reviewing and affirming our Policy Governance model. There were a few “tweaks” to the model, but we are happy to report that it is working well for all involved.
Some of the highlights of our meeting of January 18, 2021 are as follows:
- Our financial picture is looking brighter than anticipated at the AGM meeting last May. The financials for the 2021 year and the proposed budget were reviewed and approved to take forward to the Congregation at the AGM and Financial meeting Sunday February 27, 2022. Please note that this is a new date for the AGM as Council Circle agreed that the two meetings should coincide, as is the typical practice.
- Visioning for KUC remains on the agenda. We are continuously experiencing new ways of being throughout the last two years. Council Circle feels that when things settle our time will come to review who we are and where we are going….
- Michael is on vacation until February 17. Coverage will be by Rev Emily Cooke during Michael’s absence. We look forward to Emily’s leadership during this time and also to the co-worship with Mt Paul United and Plura Hills United churches.
- There will be 3 vacancies on Council Circle for 2022-23. A Nominations committee has been struck and a roster will be put forward for approval at the KUC AGM.
- February is the month for sharing the love ….stay tuned!!
If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Michael, Florence or myself. We’d be pleased to help in any way.
Blessings, Marcia Chair