Kamloops United Church (KUC)
(Program: Canada Summer Youth Position Guide)
PC SUPPORT and RECEPTION
Responsibility and Accountability: This role is accountable to and takes direction from the Kamloops United Church Administrative Manager.
Regular Hours: This position is part time 13 hours per week with the hours per day as scheduled by the Administrative Manager for 13 weeks. Start date; as soon as possible.
Compensation: $15.35 per hour.
Vacation: Vacation is paid based on hours worked which is 4%.
Benefits: Benefits include WCB.
Offer frontline support to Kamloops United Church office two days a week (days flexible). Focus on online and computer support.
The individual in this position provides appropriate information when requested and assists as much as possible and recognizes that all who enter our church and office are to experience a welcoming and inclusive church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft office and Google suites. 2. Ability to research and make suggestions about effective communication tools. 3. Adept at using social media platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self starter who takes direction well.
- Creative abilities.
- Diplomatic and tactful in dealing with others, with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in BC.
These roles are open to all. Including but not limited to, new immigrant/ Refugees, Indigenous persons, LGBTQ2SIA+ persons, Women in STEM, and persons living in rural areas.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and “PC” in the subject of your email.