A QUESTION OF SATURDAYS! We would love to open on Saturdays but we need a larger team as many folks would like to volunteer on a longer rotation than weekly on the weekend. In order to move ahead with opening on Saturdays we need three things:
1) Someone who is willing to take on a leadership role. The main duty is paying attention to the schedule and making sure there are enough volunteers each Sat. There are lots of capable folks so this job is not difficult but is a key role for success.
2) A team. Volunteers who can commit to a regular shift in whatever rotation (weekly, bi weekly or monthly)
3) Back up for the team in the form of some casual volunteers.
Email Florence at email@example.com or call 250-372-3020 to express your interest.
Something else to consider is SPECIAL EVENTS IN THE THRIFT SHOP. Please also reach out if you are interested in the shorter commitment of doing special events. The following are possibilities if we have the volunteers to support them:
- Early morning shifts (For folks who are picking up online sales before work)
- Special shopping nights (Trans and LGBT shoppers, Youth, Folks from the Friendship Center, etc)
- Open on a regular evening. (It could happen :))
- Stitch and Bitch night (Sewing or knitting night in the shop as a social event. It combines shopping with community engagement and FUN)
- OTHER IDEAS that have sparked in your mind as a result of reading this list.