Kamloops United Church ~ Canada Summer Student Position Guide
PERSONAL COMPUTER SUPPORT ANALYST
Responsibility and Accountability: This role is accountable to and takes direction from the Kamloops United Church Administrative Manager.
Regular Hours: This position is part time 13 hours per week with the hours per day as scheduled by the Administrative Manager for 13 weeks starting in June.
Compensation: $15.35 per hour.
Vacation: Vacation is paid based on hours worked which is 4%.
Sick Leave: One (1) day/month sick leave, prorated to hours worked.
Benefits: Benefits include WCB.
Start date: June 7, 2021.
JOB STATEMENT: Support live web streaming of Sunday worship. Implement a video oral history project of members experiences at key moments in the church/cities history. Support implementation of choral singing software. Offer seniors technical coaching/classes and set up worship streaming at senior homes (when folks can gather). Will work to widen promotion of Kamloops United Church programs and outreach initiatives using social media.
When at work, the individual in this position is the voice and face of KUC for those who contact the church by telephone, e-mail or in person. The individual in this position provides appropriate information when requested and assists as much as possible and recognizes that all who enter our church and office are to experience a welcoming and inclusive church. Demonstrate an understanding of and empathy for marginalized individuals and issues related to poverty.
- Create a media plan to promote the projects of Kamloops United Church to the wider community and implement that plan.
- Support and/or monitor live broadcast of Sunday worship services.
- Plan and create a video oral history of elders who were present at key moments in Kamloops United Church’s history and moments in our cities history.
- Support access for seniors to community support programs that the church offers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft office and Google suites.
- Ability to research and make suggestions about effective communication tools.
- Adept at using social media platforms.
- Sound mixing, camera operation, editing and other online presentation skills or willingness to learn.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self starter who takes direction well.
- Creative abilities.
- 360 view of the project as a whole and able to discern the next tasks to be completed.
- Able to display enthusiasm.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to learn to speak in public and make cold calls.
- Diplomatic and tactful in dealing with others, with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check.
- Participation in ongoing workshops and seminars.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in BC.
These roles are open to all. Including but not limited to, new immigrant/ Refugees, Indigenous persons, LGBTQ2SIA+ persons, Women in STEM, and persons living in rural areas.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please put your name and the position you are applying for in the heading of your email.