Council circle met on November 20 following the orders from BC health to interpret how the orders pertain to the services and activities at Kamloops United Church.
These are difficult times and we want to do the best we can to keep our church community and our provincial health system healthy. Based on these orders we feel a responsibility to take a leadership role, and will be implementing the following until at least mid January:
- In person worship is suspended.
- Services (including all Christmas services) will be available online at Kamloops United Church YouTube
- As per the recommendation from BC Health, the following groups will continue: PIT Stop, Kamloops United Church Pre-School/Out of School Care, AA and NA
- Recordings of music and worship will be limited to maximum 10 persons in the Sanctuary.
- Kamloops United Church Thrift Shop will be closed.
We have reviewed our safety protocols in light of the orders from BC Health and find them to be appropriate. We will continue to go above and beyond.
Thank you to everyone for your support and understanding.
Marcia Julian, Council Circle Chair
Florence Ballard, Church Manager
Rev. Dr. Michael Caveney