March 18th: Update. The KUC building is now closed until further notice. Exceptions: the Pre-School daycare and PIT Stop Take-out dinners which will be served at the back door.
COVID-19 – Learn how we’re keeping Kamloops United Church a safe space.
Kamloops United Church is working to ensure that our operations, spring and summer programs continue to provide a safe place for all of our participants and staff.
We are aware of the concerns regarding Covid-19 and we strive to be as reactive and responsible as possible.
We are following the guidelines provided by Health Canada including:
- Sanitation of doorknobs, light switches, and other commonly-touched surfaces.
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer in all community gathering spaces.
- Posting CDC hygiene tips in all bathrooms, offering advice on hand washing and other ways to stay safe.
- Ensuring we have practices in place to safely support any participants who may become ill onsite.
- Requesting you to stay home if you’re feeling sick, especially if you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Ensuring we limit any financial risk – for those affected by the virus- by waiving our notice period.
Further information and recommendations can be found by visiting Health Canada’s coronavirus disease resource page: