KUC ~ a Centre for Community and Spiritual Discovery,
invites you to:
ANOTHER “LIVING THE QUESTIONS” VIDEO SERIES:
Wednesdays from 7 -9, Sept. 24 to Nov. 13
Brought to you by the same group that produced “Painting the Stars” and “Jesus Fatwa”, the “ProFuture Faith” 8-video series features Rev. Michael Dowd speaking about why science and religion are both essential for human endeavours.
Dowd says that ecology is at the heart of theology, and calls his approach “ecotheism”. He stresses a “pro-future” faith (as opposed to an “anti-future” faith), and emphasizes faithful accountability to the future on this blue planet of ours. Combining evolutionary history, modern science, today’s ecological and life-threatening issues with a call to stewardship and a cultural re-orientation, Dowd reminds Christians that we have a responsibility to lead in these troubling times.
Each weekly session will include a 20-minute video along with discussion questions and hand-outs to prompt our own transformation, reflection and action. Facilitated by Rev. Dawne Taylor (and perhaps others), the series runs each Wednesday, 7 to 9 pm, September 25 to November 13.
Please pre-register for the series through the KUC office: email@example.com Phone: 250-372-3020
Coming Home to Reality (4 sessions)
- Un-Trivializing God — Reality as Thou Sept 24
- The Purpose of Religion and Necessity of Science Oct. 02
- The Epic of Evolution — A Cosmic Timeline Oct. 09
- Thus Sayeth Reality — What is Inevitable; What is Needed Oct. 16
Practical Wisdom (4 sessions)
- Thus Sayeth Reality — What is Futile; What is Urgent Oct. 23
- Why We Struggle — Un-Trivializing Mythic Wisdom Oct. 30
- Impermanence & Death as Sacred — Embracing Limits Nov. 06
- Staying Sane, Sober and Inspired in Contracting Times Nov 13