To do, or not to do a Cookie Walk – that is the question.
Is there an appetite for a Cookie Walk this year? This has been a major fundraiser for KUC these past few years. Do we have the energy and interest in doing another Cookie Walk, either on the same scale, or perhaps a little smaller? Are YOU able to assist? We need:
– a computer guru who can work from home to design posters and order forms, then accurately track the online orders, as well as paper orders and phone orders, as they come in
– a media person who will do all of our advertising, including securing a spot on Midday & promoting our Cookie Walk
– a savvy shopper who will watch for sales of ingredients, chat with shop keepers about discounts, then secure our ingredients for us
– folk who will coordinate each type of cookie we opt to sell
– measurers, mixers, shapers, bakers, counters, packagers who will help the recipe on the page to come to life
– and of course, we need folk who will order their Christmas cookies from us, and encourage their family members to do likewise
We are an equal opportunity employer. Men as well as women are able to fill each of these roles. We’ll have an initial discussion, planning and decision making gathering on Thursday,September 24, at 4:30. Feel free to bring a bagged supper to munch as we chat. Bring your favourite Christmas cookie recipe.
If you are unable to come, but would like to assist, please contact Barb Hollingshead ahead of time. If we have insufficient interest shown, and commitment to helping, the event will be cancelled for this year.