Sunday, January 11th, we explored “New Beginnings, Water and the Spirit” with Rev. Dawne Taylor offering leadership.
The questions for reflection today were around “To what new beginnings am I being called?” Even though it’s the beginning of a new calendar year, we’re not talking about the likes of new years resolutions. Rather it’s
- what new thing is emerging in my life, and especially in my faith life?
- What’s wanting to be born in me?
- What is asking for a commitment from me?
- What would it be like for me to heed that calling, and indeed take that step of faith for a new beginning?
- What might I have to let go of in order to take that step of faith?
- What could I do or take on to make this the most spiritually significant year of my life?
- What will bring about the greatest change in my life?
- How could I be a more faithful witness of Jesus Christ?
- How will I live my life differently from now on?
‘Baptism of Christ Sunday’ was celebrated with learning and conversation about baptism, the creation story from Genesis and beautiful and lively music with Mark B on trumpet, accompanied the singing. Three members of the congregation shared stories of their baptism as adults and the meaning it held for them. To view the worship bulletin click on January 11, 2015 worship bulletin