All are invited!
…to partake in a 50 minute Webinar Retreat
co-facilitated by past United Church moderator Mardi Tindal and Rev Karen Hilfman Millson.
This April’s free Webinar retreat, “Awaken to Spring,” hopes to guide you in experiences of simple practice (both personal and communal) using words, images and silence.
Participate in real time or register now and receive a link to connect after the event this month for free. http://www.united-in-learning.com/
Anne Hines (United Church minister, humorist and writer) once wrote in the Toronto Star that “…spring is like birth. A bit messy. And you have to wait for it. But it’s a miracle. Every time.” During April’s retreat we will pause to notice the birthings of our lives and how we are awakening to this season through the messy and miraculous.
- set aside the 50 minutes (plus 5 minutes at each end with Josephine to share technical info and close),
- turn off as many communication devices as possible,
- find a comfortable place to sit where you can hear the computer,
- bring something to journal with, and
- have a candle ready to light if possible. If you have to leave part way through set an alarm to signal the time so that you are not focusing on a clock.
The retreat will include meditation, journalling, visualization and simple practices as nourishment for this season of blessed Darkness and Light. Looking forward to connecting!
Please share this opportunity with colleagues and others in your congregation. Knowing we are connecting from coast to coast to coast (and beyond) and from heart to heart to heart (in real time and with the recording) creates an energetic impact that is powerful.
The 50 Minute Retreat is for anyone connected to The United Church of Canada and beyond.