Kamloops Okanagan Presbytery’s Youth Council has asked if Kamloops United Church will host the 2014 Naari Kir Youth event, April 4-6, 2014. Besides providing space to meet and sleep and eat, KOP Youth Council members KUC will provide:
- A food coordinator who meets with KOP Youth Council to plan a menu for the weekend. This meeting is usually scheduled during a pre-event overnight youth council meeting at KUC. This date would be Feb 28 or March 7th
- KUC purchases, prepares and serves the food for 5 meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 supper. Two evening snacks are left prepared for Youth Council. Event participants are asked to bring one dozen cookies with them for the weekend. These are used as snacks throughout the day. We also like to have fresh fruit available as well.
- Our hope is that donations for some food are received from the congregation. This helps to reduce food costs. All other purchases are reimbursed by the Youth Council. Food is usually purchased the week before the event—then we have a better idea of numbers.
- Youth Council and participants will help with the setup and cleanup of the dining area, as well, helps with washing dishes after the meals.
- We require a water station for the weekend. Youth Council purchases cups that can be labeled.
- The KOP Youth Minister, Joanne Koster, is available during the weeks leading up to the event to answer any questions, or help where needed. She also provides up-to-date information on the number of participants and any special dietary needs that arise.
Please contact Rev. Teri if you are interested in helping make this event happen at KUC. Rev. Teri has been asked to be the music resource person at this event as well.