PIT Stop Objective: to provide nourishment and outreach to people in our community.
- City of Kamloops, Social Planning Grant (annual)
- Donations of cash and food items from Kamloops United Church members, other local faith congregations, community organizations, businesses and individual members of the public
- Replacement items from the Kamloops United Thrift Shop
- Donations in kind for special events such as Christmas.
- Kamloops Community Food Bank, Food Share Program
- Cost reductions from local businesses, bulk purchasing, sale items, creative shopping
- Every Saturday evening unsold fresh bread is collected from Cobs Bakery and distributed at PIT Stop the following day.
- ASK Wellness outreach workers
- Interior Health Street Nurses provide diabetes information and flu shots
- New Life Mission
- Changing the Face of Poverty, a networking group led by the Elizabeth Fry Society
Many different teams have prepared and served the PIT Stop meals over the years. Teams have come from Kamloops West Rotary, Daybreak Rotary, Beta Sigma Phi Sorority, United Way, Thompson Rivers University, B.C. Ministry of Forests, Service Canada, Fulton & Co. Law Offices, Kamloops United Church, South West Baptist Church, Centre for Spiritual Living, Kamloops Unitarian Church, Me to We school groups, and several teams made up of groups of families and friends.
2010 United Way Community Partnership Award, presented annually to an agency or group that demonstrates a willingness to partner with others in the community to provide an important service.