PIT Stop Objective: to provide nourishment and outreach to people in our community.
- Donations of cash and food items from Kamloops United Church members, other local faith congregations, community organizations, businesses and individual members of the public
- Replacement items from the Kamloops United Thrift Shop
- Donations in-kind for special events such as Christmas.
- Kamloops Community Food Bank, Food Share Program
- Cost reductions from local businesses, bulk purchasing, sale items, creative shopping
- Every Saturday evening unsold fresh bread is collected from Cobs Bakery and distributed at PIT Stop the following day.
Rotary Clubs of Kamloops
Aberdeen Lions Club
St. Paul’s Anglican Church
Kamloops Food Bank
Cob’s Bread Bakery
Thompson Nicola Cariboo United Way
Community Living BC
Interior Health – Street Nurses & Dietician
Kamloops Homelessness Action Plan
Changing the Face of Poverty
New Life Mission
Elizabeth Fry Society
Many different teams have prepared and served the PIT Stop meals over the years. Teams have come from many of the Kamloops Rotary Clubs, Beta Sigma Phi Sorority, United Way, Thompson Rivers University, B.C. Ministry of Forests, Service Canada, Fulton & Co. Law Offices, Kamloops United Church, South West Community Church, Centre for Spiritual Living, Kamloops Unitarian Fellowship, Me to We school groups, and several teams comprised of groups of families and friends.
To contact Rick, the Co-ordinator of PIT Stop: email@example.com
2010 United Way Community Partnership Award, presented annually to an agency or group that demonstrates a willingness to partner with others in the community to provide an important service.